How often does your office need to be cleaned? Depending on the number of people that use the office during day-to-day operations, the right frequency will vary. No matter what, there are certain tasks that should be done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Tidy Team will keep your office looking sparkling clean with our regular cleaning plans built to fit your exact needs.
Daily Office Cleaning Checklist
In order to keep your office clean and free of germs with the potential to make your entire office sick, there are a number of daily cleaning tasks that need to get done. Daily chores also help extend the life of office flooring, furnishings and other elements, reducing the need for repairs and replacement.
If you don’t have a professional cleaning service hired to take care of these tasks you’ll need to hire someone in-house to do it.
The most important daily cleaning chores to keep up with include:
- Use a mop and disinfectant to clean all hard floor surfaces.
- Vacuum debris from all flooring surfaces—you might be surprised how much dirt builds up in just one day!
- Empty and sanitize trash bins.
- Clean off glass with standard glass cleaner.
- Clean off hard surfaces using a gentle disinfectant.
- Sanitize and wipe down door handles, light switches and anything else employees and clients touch on a regular basis.
- Sanitize, clean and wipe down toilets, sinks and all other parts of the bathroom.
- Disinfect and wipe down all hard surfaces in the break room. Break rooms tend to harbor more bacteria than the bathroom!
Weekly Office Cleaning Checklist
Weekly cleaning tasks are a bit more grueling, which is why they only need to be done every 7-days or so. A professional cleaning service offers the most bang for your buck when it comes to getting these tasks accomplished correctly.
The most important weekly office cleaning tasks include:
- Polishing and buffing all hardwood surfaces, including floors and tabletops. A professional service has the right tools to get this done efficiently and without creating damage.
- Clean out the refrigerator and throw out any food that’s been in the fridge all week before it has a chance to spoil and stink up the place. Make sure to disinfect the insides of the fridge, toaster and other appliances. The handles and outer surfaces are just as important to clean as the insides.
- Clean glass windows on the inside and outside if possible. If you have a lot of windows and they are too high up to easily clean on the outside, you’ll need to hire a professional window cleaning service to do it on an as-needed basis.
- Dusting all surfaces, including baseboards, ceiling fans and anything else that accumulates dust. Dust build up will lead to poor air quality, which can decrease employee health and overall productivity.
Monthly Office Cleaning Checklist
Monthly office cleaning tasks are still important even though they are not required quite as often as the other tasks on this checklist.
The most important monthly office cleaning tasks include:
- Vacuuming and disinfecting any fabric chairs or furniture where bacteria and debris love to hide.
- Vacuum out vents in order to improve overall air quality.
- Dust all high surfaces that might get left out of the weekly dusting routine. This includes the top corners of the ceilings, where spider webs and dust balls tend to form.
- Vacuum and deep clean surface areas, paying extra close attention to high traffic areas.
Important Areas To Clean & Dust On Regular Basis:
- All knickknacks, such as frames, pictures, wall art, etc.
- Doors and doorframes (a lot of dust builds up here)
- Soap and paper dispensers in bathroom (a leading carrier of germs)
- Trash cans
- Ceilings and baseboards
- Desks and all things on top of desks such as telephones, lamps, printers, computers and so forth.
Benefits Of Keeping Up With Daily, Weekly & Monthly Office Cleaning
A clean office is rewarded in countless ways. For one, your employees enjoy a better workplace environment where the risk for infection and allergens are decreased. Daily disinfecting reduces the spread of cold and flu germs, meaning your employees take less sick days and get more done. Plus, a clean workplace presents a professional appearance that boosts employee moral and sets a better impression to clients.
Assigning cleaning tasks to employees is not always the best idea. This can make people frustrated and take away from their ability to focus on their real job. Not to mention, someone hired to deal with social media or community outreach is not necessarily going to be very good at cleaning.
Hiring a cleaning team to take care of daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks is your best bet for happy employees and a clean office.
Tidy Team knows how to make your office stand out from the rest with our top-notch cleaning services ranging to include everything from dusting desks to polishing floors and power washing windows. Contact us today for a quote on cleaning your building!