When it is time to sell your business, there are a number of items you must get in order to prepare. In all likelihood, you’ll want a business broker or agent to assist you. On top of that you want to assure potential buyers that your business is well run with each employee fulfilling a specific role, a solid chain of command, and successful procedures which positively impact the bottom line. Everything in the business should be documented from procedures to supplier agreements to customer warranties to ongoing relationships with state and federal regulators and others who to some degree effect your business. Additionally, profitability will need to be proved to potential buyers with profit reports, stock reports, capital expenditure documentation, and tax requirements.
In reality, all of this information you’ve probably had in place from the moment you first thought about selling your business. These are the items your advisor, your broker, and others you’ve trusted with the information have enumerated countless times to you regarding a potential sale of your business. Of course, in the midst of all this crucial paperwork, you may have forgotten one important aspect of preparing your business for sale. What you may be asking. The clean-up only a commercial cleaning service can provide to help your business make a great first impression to potential buyers. In other words, you need to do your housekeeping – literally. Take these steps before the cleaning service arrives:
- Take a look around your space and note any changes that need to be made to make a positive impression on potential buyers. Whether your business utilizes office, retail, or warehouse space, it needs to look good to prospective purchasers. When everything is in its proper place, you actually can increase the value to prospective buyer.
- If your company keeps stock on hand, you will want to tidy up your stock, selling slow-moving items and seemingly unsellable products will only make your space look more attractive.
- If your business utilizes plant equipment, you will want to clean it up and do any maintenance needed. Cleanliness makes even older equipment look maintained and therefore more valuable to potential purchasers. Clean any leaks – oil, water, or otherwise. Sell obsolete equipment, parts, and scrap – thereby removing the appearance of clutter and disorganization.
Once you’ve done your part, now is the time to hire a reputable and trustworthy commercial cleaning service like Tidy Team Cleaning Services.
A commercial cleaning service will assess your property with an expert and critical eye and get it ready for sale by completing the following tasks:
- Exterior Cleaning – A commercial cleaning services will pressure wash exterior surfaces from walls to sidewalks to awnings and more as well as provide streak free window cleaning. When complete, the exterior of your property will look revitalized and more valuable.
- Carpet Cleaning – Stains make carpets look uncared for, so a commercial cleaning service will rid your carpet and upholstery of stains by steam cleaning, making the entire space look better.
- Floors – A commercial cleaning service will also steam clean tile and grout surfaces, as well as strip and wax vinyl services to rejuvenate floors for potential buyers.
- Overall Cleaning – Finally, your cleaning service will go over the entire space, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaning vents, washing walls, and cleaning interior windows so the entire space is attractive to your prospective purchasers.
Call on Tidy Team Cleaning Services today and get your business in tip-top shape to impress potential buyers. We are happy to give you a free estimate and customize your cleaning plan perfectly for your business.